The post-doc scientist has a role in the development and design of knee implants, design and conduction of the biomechanical testing related to our knee implants and further improvement of the scientific basis for the products.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Acquire and demonstrate a working knowledge of ATRO Medical products /therapies and develop an extensive understanding of all their applications
• Take the lead in scientific and medical writing for biomechanical and clinical studies, grant applications, and clinical evaluations. Follow the scientific literature, write reviews, assist in patent applications
• Assist in the design process of our products
• Support the regulatory approval process to register the meniscus implant in close collaboration with the Clinical Research Director
• (nearly) Finalized PhD thesis on a biomedical subject, preferably orthopedics
• Experience in medical devices is recommended
• Experience in methodology and statistics
• Good medical English writing skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a work ethic conducive to success
• Fluent in English; any other language is preferred
• Advanced MS Office skills to develop effective reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
Field Clinical Specialist
The Field Clinical Specialist will attend surgical procedures where ATRO Medical’s devices are utilized. The Field Clinical Specialist will provide technical and initial clinical study support to surgical and OR staff personnel in the use of these devices. The Field Clinical Specialist will also provide training on ATRO Medical’s device and protocol to surgical and OR staff, be an ATRO Medical representative to clinical sites and investigators, and work closely with the other clinical functions to maintain and extend the clinical site network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities